Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Another Decade Down


What defines the past ten years? At home my boys grew up and became more independent – ages 13, 16, 18, 21 now. Life became all about new dangers and new experiences:  driving, first jobs, girlfriends, career and college choices. I started working full time for the school corporation. I took writing and photography more seriously and had lots of successes. Balancing my time is a struggle every day. And nationwide – a new president and school shootings - especially disturbing because of raising kids at this dark time in history and working at a school.

I have to start the next decade without a dad. My mom needs extra help. The boys will be gone more and will be dealing with grown up issues of their own. On a positive note, I am grateful for my health and I plan to travel more!

No comments:

Post a Comment