Sunday, November 29, 2015

Falling Into Place

This fall was busy with football and photo shoots. Both my Little and Big Tigers went 6-0 for the season then won their Super Bowl games. It was amazing! I took lots of pictures and video with my new camera. While all this was going on somehow balanced work and photo shoots. I had six in October. The weather was warm and the colors were spectacular. I got to take engagement, family, party, and senior pics. They turned out beautifully!

I won ribbons at the Lake County Fair again this year but the big surprise was being awarded a Sweepstakes and Best of Show ribbon for a black and white portrait I took. I have been taking Nevaeh’s pictures for the last few years and I entered one of my favorites from last fall. I’m so happy it did so well. I never got either one of those awards before so to get both at once was quite an achievement.



I have been selling a few photo note cards and small prints recently as well. I will be taking some to the Write-On Hoosiers banquet later this week. I haven’t had any time to attend their meetings this year but hope to after the first of the year.

A few good things happened in regards to my writing. I got an honorable mention in the Indiana State Federation Poetry Club for my September at the Dunes poem. In addition, three of my fellow Magic Hour Writers read and presented mini workshops at Paul Henry’s Art Gallery with me. Purdue Calumet gave us a small stipend so that was a neat and rewarding experience. MHW also published a Christmas book with help from Flying Turtle Publishing. I contributed a poem, short story, pictures, and a recipe. This is the first time I had a children’s story illustrated by a professional. I was thrilled with how it turned out. I can’t describe how I felt when I saw my characters come to life. I hope to work with Courtney again. The books are available through FTP and Amazon in hardcover, softcover, and e-book format.




Finally, we got a puppy in July. Stella is very energetic and loving. So now we have 2 dogs, 2 cockatoos, a bearded dragon, leopard gecko, and a tarantula. Lots of photo ops for sure; hopefully a pic will place in one of the Chicago area club competitions this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment