Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Life" is good!

Today I found out I tied for first with the most votes for David L. Harrison's word of the month poetry contest. March's word was "Life". I submitted "The Life of a Housewife" (this poem is posted on my other site, see link). I am very excited and honored to be included on his site. His link is posted on the right also. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him and his work. ...April's word is "Spring". Everyone is welcome to enter a poem - check it out and write something up! Voting takes place the last week of the month - anyone can vote. David himself and his group of poets on there always give positive and helpful feedback.

Other News: Yesterday I submitted two poems and a short story (with related photos) to The Prairie Writer's Guild in hopes of being included in their next publication due out in October, 2010. They are are a local group out of Rensselaer, Indiana. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I cannot imagine how wonderful it would be to have something actually published.

No comments:

Post a Comment